High protein quesadilla – Air fryer quesadilla recipe is a high protein food for vegetarians. You will be smiles-filled after tasting these nutrient-dense Mexican treats! There was a lot of flavor on the outside, and the inside was warm and tasty… a delightful and healthy lunch!
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Vegetarian or vegan Quesadillas are the best! In addition to being delicious, they are also rich in protein. They make an excellent lunch or dinner.
Quesadillas like these would definitely be an option for the menu. They are colorful, tasty, vegan, and vegetarian. They are simple to make and packed with mashed red kidney beans with herbs and spices and with air fried veggies and tofu if vegan or paneer if you are vegetarian.
Finally not to forget some plain or vegan cheese slices do just wonders to this dish. Quesadillas were my first time ever making them, and they were a huge hit.
Quesadilla recipe with vegan cheese or plain cheese for vegetarians and vegans. A vegan or vegetarian delight! Delicious, protein-packed quesadillas without any meat.
About High protein quesadilla Recipe
It takes just 40 minutes to prepare this flavorful, filling, high-protein food option for vegan or vegetarian quesadilla with red kidney bean and tofu or paneer! The creamy red beans in this quesadilla recipe offer plant-based protein and gut-friendly fiber, and the color green vegetables provide essential minerals and anti-inflammatory properties. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this is an easy and nourishing meal to make!
This is a high-protein breakfast recipe. It’s sometimes nice to have a quick and easy meal without much fuss. For those nights that just can’t be avoided, I’ve brainstormed simple yet satisfying meals that won’t require any takeout (even coffee!). I wanted to make quesadillas a little bit more interesting without sacrificing their ease, so I jazzed them up a bit.
You need a few things to feel satisfied after eating this meal is:
- And full of good fats.
- Full of fibre.
- An appropriate healthy quantity of food for your body.
- Eating foods that have high protein vegetables.
- The food that you enjoy, and that tastes good to you.
- 1 cup – Bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup – Zucchini sliced
- 1 cup – Boiled Red kidney beans (Soaked overnight then boiled)
- 1/2 cup – Onion (sliced)
- 2 medium – Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 3 – Green chilly chopped
- 5 cloves – Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tsp – Red chilly flakes
- 4 tbsp – Olive oil/ Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Ginger powder
- 1 tbsp – Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp – Ketchup
- 4 slices – Vegan/Plain Cheese
- 200 gm – Tofu cut into slices
- 4 – Tortillas
Check out the High protein quesadilla – Air fryer quesadilla recipe Video :
How to make High protein quesadilla – Air fryer quesadilla recipe step by step with photo:
- Soak Red kidney beans overnight then boil them. But if you are taking canned ones then take store bought will do absolutely fine. On medium flame heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Then add garlic chopped and saute for 30 seconds.
- Once the garlic is little brown in color add the diced onions. Fry till translucent.
- Then add the chopped green chilies. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Then add turmeric powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, mixed herbs, red chili flake, coriander powder, and salt to taste.
- Now saute everything for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add cooked or boiled red kidney beans and then mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and then cook for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Now add 2 tbsp of tomato puree or ketchup and cook for another 2 minutes on high heat.
- Now add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and mix well.
- Now take a masher and mash the mixture.
- After the mixture gets mashed well and the water evaporates completely then add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the flame and take the stuffing to a bowl. Keep aside.
- Take a bowl and add sliced bell peppers, sliced onions, and zucchini sliced.
- Add salt to taste, red chili flakes, and black pepper powder.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Then mix well.
- For the Air frying of sliced veggies: Place a parchment paper and place the sliced vegetables in the basket. Air fry for 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Take out when done.
- For veggies frying Stovetop method: Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced veggies and fry them for 10 minutes on high heat. Do not overcook let them be a little crunchy. Take it out and keep it aside.
- For Air frying tofu: Place 2 tofu slices in the basket. Brush little oil and sprinkle with little red chili flakes.
- Now air fry at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. Take out when done.
- For stovetop tofu frying: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and then add the tofu slices. Sprinkle little red chili flakes and fry for 5 minutes on medium flame. Take out keep aside.
- Take a tortilla and spread the red kidney bean mixture on it.
- Then place air-fried tofu on the mixture.
- Then add the air-fried veggies on top of the tofu and mixture.
- Now place a vegan or plain cheese slices on top of it.
- Now fold the tortilla.
- Now cut them with a knife into 2 pieces of quesadilla if your air fryer is small otherwise you can give the whole quesadilla in it.
- Air fryer method: Place a parchment paper in the basket and grease or spray with a little oil. Now place the quesadilla in the basket, brush little oil, and air fry at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes
- Take out after 5 minutes. And cut in halves if not done earlier.
- Frying Pan Method: Heat a frying pan and add 1 tbsp oil and place the quesadilla and fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Press with another skillet or spatula frequently for that crisp and golden texture. Now flip the quesadilla after 2 minutes and fry for more 2 minutes till golden crisp.
- Take out and cut in two halves.
- Crispy high protein quesadilla is ready to be served hot.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- The quesadilla must be pressed into the pan if you want it to be golden and crispy. Until I learned this genius hack from Desiree Nielsen’s blog, Once hot, add the prepared quesadilla to the skillet. Place a small skillet on top of the quesadilla so that it presses down on the quesadilla, creating an exterior that is crunchy. A couple of cans of beans/tomatoes also work well as a weight on the smaller skillet. Similar to a sandwich press, but much easier!
- Use any kind of cheese you like vegan or plain according to your preference.
Place the leftover quesadilla in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. When even want to consume heat it on a pan or air fry it at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Some other easy air fryer snack recipes you would like on my blog – Air fryer Gluten-Free Spinach Potato patties, Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters, Crispy Cheesy Hash Brown – Air Fryer Hash Browns, Air Fryer Tomato Onion Cheese Bruschetta.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.