The best Chickpea Hummus is smooth and swirled, and it’s delicious with a wedge of pita bread. It’s nutty and tangy, thanks to the tahini, with notes of lemon and garlic.
- 1 cup – chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 -medium red onion
- 4 – cloves of garlic
- 1 cup – Cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup – Mint leaves
- 1 tsp – Roasted Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp – Lemon juice (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp – All-purpose flour Vegetable oil for frying Water for thinning
- Soak chickpeas overnight then in the morning rinse them and then put them in a blender.
- Add chopped onions, coriander left, mint leaves, garlic cloves, roasted cumin powder, salt to taste, baking soda. Blend into a coarse mixture. Add a little water if required.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and add all-purpose flour and mix well. Now roll this mixture into medium-sized balls.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and gently dip falafel balls one by one. Make sure you don’t crowd your pan.
- Fry the falafel for about 4 to 5 minutes, until they are a nice deep brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with tahini sauce and hummus
- To ensure the ideal texture and flavor, always try to use dry chickpeas that are soaked overnight.
- Falafel is best golden, not charred. Make sure you don’t overheat your oil. If you do, the outside will cook too fast before the inside heats up.
- The falafel is very fragile, but they should hold together and remain in shape while cooking.
- When making falafel, you can freeze the dough before cooking it. Thaw the mixture after freezing, stir it, then form it into balls or patties and fry it. Cooked falafel doesn’t store well because the outside becomes too soft.
- 3 cups of soaked chickpeas = 1 cup of dried chickpeas
- Falafel should be crunchy and medium brown on the outside and fluffy and light green on the inside.
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 6 people
- Calories: 142 Kcal
Keywords: how to make falafel,how to make falafel at home,pinch of flavours,How to Make Falafel | Falafel Recipe,the cooking foodie,falafel,falafel recipe,How to Make Falafel,falafel recipe easy,homemade falafel recipe,Easy Vegan Falafel,vegan recipe,chickpeas,israeli falafel,fried falafel,recipes,cooking,how to make,easy recipes,falafel recipe lebanese,arabic falafel,recpes with chickpea,garbanzo beans,vegetarian