Crispy Pocket Paneer Recipe Air Fryer is an appetizer/snack I have for you today is a sure-fire kid-pleaser, a definite crowd pleaser … I bet you cannot stop eating them ONE! It’s true, they are addictive like that, these “Paneer Pockets / Paneer Squares/ Paneer Parcels”.
I guarantee that even the pickiest eaters will appreciate this dish. The whole batch disappeared in no time after I made them last weekend, as they were such a huge hit. A few of them had to be hidden from my family during the photoshoot. Would you be able to figure out what I am trying to say… In short, they taste yummy!
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
This paneer recipe is amazing!!!!! The result was just INCREDIBLE!!!! I loved the crunchy, flaky outer coating, and the filling was so tasty, cheesy, and bursting with flavor. If you wish to make them healthier, you can deep fry them or bake them instead of using oil. They are both equally delicious to me. Just try it and you’ll see.
- 200 gms – Cottage cheese/Paneer (diced)
- 1/2 cup – Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup – Green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup – Carrot (diced)
- 10 – Pastry sheets(Store-bought)
- 1 tbsp – Soya sauce
- 3 tbsp – Green chilly chopped
- 1 tsp – Ginger powder
- 1 tbsp – Pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp – Veg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp – Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup – Slurry(3 tbsp all-purpose flour + 8 tbsp water)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for air frying or shallow frying
Check out the Crispy Pocket Paneer Recipe Air Fryer Recipe Video :
How to make Crispy Pocket Paneer Recipe Air Fryer Recipe step by step with photo:
- Take 4 tbsp all-purpose flour and little water. Whisk it nicely. The binding slurry is ready. Keep it aside.
- On medium heat in a frying pan add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add 1/2 cup onion chopped. Then saute for 1 minute.
- Now add 1/2 cup of carrots and 1/2 cup of green bell peppers.
- Mix everything and then cook for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Now add the green chilies and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add paneer or cottage cheese.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Add salt to taste and mix well. Now add all the spices and herbs like ginger powder, mixed herbs, and black pepper powder.
- Give it a nice mix.
- Now add eggless mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of pizza sauce, and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Paneer stuffing is ready. Turn off the flame and take it out in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Take two readymade pastry sheets and keep them as shown below.
- Now apply slurry(all-purpose flour+water) on all the pastry sheet edges.
- Add ketchup or pizza sauce to the middle of the sheet and spread in middle.
- Add the paneer stuffing mixture in the middle.
- Now seal the first side of the pastry sheet edges nicely by pressing slightly.
- Now press the second side of the pastry slightly.
- Now press the third side like this.
- Now press the fourth side of the pastry and press slightly.
- Make all the paneer parcels like this.
- For Air Frying: Place a parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Grease a little oil on the parchment paper.
- Now place 2 paneer parcels in the basket and grease or spray some oil on top. Air fry them at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Check-in between if golden on top then flip the parcel and brush some oil if required and the air fry again at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Take out once done and ready for serving.
- For shallow frying method: Heat little oil and once hot add 2 paneer parcels and fry for 5 minutes on medium heat. Don’t fry on high heat otherwise, it will get burned. Flip once the bottom side is done.
- Flip once crisp and golden on the bottom side. Fry for another 3 minutes till crisp and golden. Fry all the parcels like this.
- Take out the paneer parcels once done.
- Serve hot while they are crisp with ketchup or dip of your choice.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- You may need to adjust the time accordingly for each air fryer. Then you can increase the time if they aren’t crispy or warm through after 8 minutes then again after 8 minutes.
- Crispy Pocket Paneer should be cooked in one layer to ensure even cooking.
- If you layer, you’ll end up with soggy paneer parcels.
- Several factors may contribute to your paneer parcel not cooking through, such as– Overcrowding in the air fryer and the paneer pockets not being in one layer.
- Not turning the paneer pockets halfway (after 8 minutes).– Not setting the time according to your air fryer.
- Large parcels might take longer to cook than mini parcels.
- Take that into account as well.
Serve with green chutney or ketchup or any dip of your choice.
The Crispy Pocket Paneer parcel can be served immediately, hot and crispy, from the air fryer. Unless eaten immediately, they become soft and do not taste as good as hot, crispy ones.
If you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. They can be reheated for four to five minutes at 360 degrees F. Be careful not to microwave them as the crispiness will be lost.
Some other easy air fryer snack recipes you would like on my blog – Air fryer Gluten-Free Spinach Potato patties, Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters, Crispy Cheesy Hash Brown – Air Fryer Hash Browns, Air Fryer Tomato Onion Cheese Bruschetta.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.