This crispy corn chaat recipe is made by frying corn kernels and then seasoning them with spice powders. Fast food restaurants and restaurants make crispy corn in different ways. Coated with cornflour, crispy corn may have thin to extremely thick coatings.
In many restaurants, crispy sweet corn kernels are deep-fried and topped with spices and sauces.
Those who like Vegan & Vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Please join my Facebook page if you enjoy cooking vegetarian/vegan dishes – Pinch Of Flavours
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Step-by-step directions for making crispy corn kernels and crispy fried corn is shown below. Young and urban audiences are very fond of street food recipes or snack recipes. In general, these are quick and easy to prepare, and they are lip-smacking in taste as well. It can be made in a variety of ways, and one such recipe is the crispy corn recipe known for its crispiness and taste.
In addition, I would like to discuss a few tips, suggestions, and variations of the crispy corn recipe. This recipe uses already deseeded and thawed frozen sweet corn kernels. Fresh sweet corn kernels might need to be de-seeded first and then boiled in water. The frozen ones do not have to be deseeded, so you can use them as-is. Finally, the dish is served warm, so once it has rested, the crispiness may recede. Thus, you may deep fry them with the coating and sauté them just before serving.
Take Caution while frying the sweet kernels
You should use a frying pan splatter screen when trying this recipe. Kernels of corn can sometimes burst during frying, splashing oil on you. Instead of the steel mess cover, you can use the one I used below, which was intended for fruit baskets, or just reverse a steel mess basket and try to cover your pan or the area of the kernels frying.
Do not Cover with a normal lid that will trap steam and water will drop into the oil. This will definitely result in hot oil splashes. Take out just after 1 to 2 minutes of frying on the medium-high flame as soon as they are crisp or golden.
Do not let children enter the kitchen while frying the sweet kernels. If you take care of these important steps I assure you that you will get a delicious dish out of these steps. Just do not ignore these very important steps.
- 2 cups – Frozen/Boiled corn
- 2 medium – Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup – Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp – Spring onion chopped
- 1 tsp – Red chilly paprika
- 1/2 tsp – Amchur powder(Dry mango powder)
- 3 – Green chili chopped
- 4 cloves – Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp – Lemon juice
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp – Water
- Pink salt
- Olive oil for frying
Check out the Crispy Corn Chaat Recipe Video :
How to make Crispy Corn Chaat Recipe step by step with photo:
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- In a large mixing bowl, add frozen or boiled corn, cornstarch, black pepper powder, pink salt according to taste, and red chilly paprika.
- Mix everything nicely together
- Add some water and coat everything nicely.
- Now add coated corns to heated oil and deep fry on medium-high flame and cover with a strainer.
- On medium-high flame fry for 1 to 2 minutes till crisp and golden.
- While taking out lower the flame and then take it out with a strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat frying pan, and add 2 tbsp oil on medium-high flame.
- Add garlic cloves chopped, and fry till the raw smell goes away. Add onion chopped fry for 2 minutes till translucent.
- Add green chilly chopped, fry for 1 minute.
- Add pink salt, red chilly paprika, amchur powder, and spring onion chopped.
- Saute everything for 1 minute till onions are translucent. Now turn off the gas and take it out in a bowl.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add the fried corn and add the fried onion mixture.
- Add some lemon juice and mix everything nicely together.
- Garnish with spring onion chopped.
- Our Crispy Corn Chaat is ready to be served.
Important Suggestions To Keep In Mind
- Definitely use a steel mess strainer when frying the corn kernels after coating.
- After frying immediately serve the corn chaat the more it gets delayed the chaat will become soggy.
Some other easy snacks recipes you would like on my blog – Air fryer Gluten-Free Spinach Potato patties, Hara Bhara Stuffed Kebab (Spinach Peas Stuffed Patties), Air Fryer Zucchini And Corn Fritters, Veggie Cheese Cake – Mix Vegetable RecipePrint
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.