There is nothing easier than making cake truffles. You can dip them in chocolate or blend them with frosting or condensed milk. They are dipped balls of cake that can be decorated in a variety of ways.
It’s fun and festive to make cake truffles, and they’re rather simple to make. You can easily adapt this recipe to fit your special occasion.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Nutella rocky road bark, White Chocolate Rocky Road, Vegan Blueberry Mini Cheesecake, Kaju Katli No-Cook Recipe | Indian Cashew Fudge.
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Cake Truffle – What Is It?
Truffles made from the cake are my favorite dessert. The cake is topped with frosting, chocolate, sprinkles, and a whole lot of chocolate. These tasty treats are bite-sized, come in a variety of flavors, and are loved by both kids and adults!
Sweet yellow cake mixed with buttercream frosting and sprinkles is baked into Cake Balls (Cake Truffles), then covered in melted white chocolate or milk chocolate and topped with sprinkles!
Cake truffles consist of cake crumbs and frosting(optional) rolled into a ball and dipped in chocolate or candy melts. Sprinkles and other fun toppings, like chocolate chips or coconut, are often added to cake truffles.
- 200 gm – Milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp – Cashew finely chopped
- 2 tbsp – Almonds finely chopped
- 2 tbsp – Pistachios finely chopped
- 1 tbsp – Mixed fruit jam
- 100 gm – Condensed milk or frosting
- 300 gm – Vanilla Butter cake
- 1 tbsp – Butter
- Rose petals for decorations
- Muffin paper
Check out the Cake Truffles Recipe Video:
How To Make Cake Truffles Step By Step With Photo:
- Make crumbles from the cake scraps using your hands.
- Work the frosting or condensed milk into the cake scraps with your hands.
- Keep on kneading the dough.
- All the ingredients should combine into a moist yet non-sticky dough.
- Butter should be heated in a pan and nuts added to it. Then, fry them for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- After frying, remove it and allow it to cool. Keep it aside.
- Take a small amount of dough, make a ball, and then flatten it into a disc.
- Now press in the middle a little with the help of a finger and add little roasted nuts in the middle.
- Seal the edges of the cake ball from all sides and then make it into a smooth ball.
- Now scoop a ball portion from the dough and make a ball shape.
- To make them firm, freeze them for 30 minutes. Otherwise, they will break when dipped in melted chocolate.
- After I cut the bark of milk compound chocolate into small pieces, I melted them in the microwave for 30 seconds and repeated that process until they were melted completely.
- After 30 minutes, Once the cake balls were out of the refrigerator, I took one out and dipped it in melted chocolate.
- Set a cooling rack or tray over parchment paper after they’ve been taken out of the refrigerator. In addition, the extra chocolate will drip onto the parchment sheet when you remove the dipped balls from the cooling rack. Note: If you want to use skewers, then you can stab the balls with a wooden skewer and dip them in melted chocolate one by one. Remove the skewer from the balls as you place them on the cooling rack. A hole will appear in the ball after you remove the skewer. Cover up the hole with fresh chocolate using the same skewer you used to dip back into the chocolate.
- To make them quickly, I used two forks. I dipped the cake balls in melted chocolate and dripped the excess chocolate over the top of them.
- Now place the ball on parchment paper over a tray and prepare all the balls in the same manner.
- Keep all cake balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Take the cake truffles out of the fridge and take mixed fruit jam and brush on top to give a glazy look.
- Once done decorate with chopped pistachio and rose petals.
- Our cake truffles are ready to be served. Enjoy!
Important Suggestion To Keep In Mind
- Cake truffles are traditionally dipped in candy melts. Ghirardelli Melting Wafers are available in both white and dark chocolate and can be found in most grocery stores. Because they melt smoothly and thinly, they taste like real chocolate and are so easy to work with. When you melt another brand of candy melts, you may need to thin them out by adding a teaspoon or two of shortening.
- But to make it really easy I have used condensed milk instead of melting candy.
- If you want to use skewers, then you can stab the balls with a wooden skewer and dip them in melted chocolate one by one.
- You want a soft dough to form when mixing your cake crumbs with melted candy, but the dough shouldn’t be sticky. To get the right consistency, feel free to add a bit more frosting if you feel your dough is a little dry.
- The cake truffles should be fully chilled before you dip them. If they’re soft, they will be more difficult to work with.
- Make the truffles by dipping a popsicle stick in melted chocolate, inserting it into a chilled truffle, dipping in chocolate, and decorating. Use an inverted styrofoam cup or cake pop stand to cool upright.
Flavors of cake truffles
I made this cake truffle with condensed milk and a yellow cake, but there are many ways to make chocolate cake truffles, such as
- Adding chocolate frosting to chocolate cake mix
- Is like adding strawberry frosting to strawberry cake
- And adding cream cheese frosting to red velvet cake
- Or adding lemon frosting to lemon cake
- Or adding cream cheese frosting to spice cake
As long as they are stored in an airtight container, cake truffles will last from 5-7 days. In the refrigerator, they will keep for up to 10 days if you need to store them longer than that.
It is not just Christmas that these cake truffles are perfect for, but they are also good for other festive occasions. Just dip in melted chocolates and sprinkles depending on the occasion.It turns out so well that you’ll be amazed!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to refrigerate them?
Do not refrigerate these unless your frosting requires it.
Do they last for a long time?
It is best to store cake truffles and cake pops at room temperature for one week in an airtight container. For cold treats, freeze them!Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT Pinchofflavours!