Besan Dosa Recipe resembles a normal dosa from India, but served with your favorite bowl of chutney and sambhar. This is an Indian savory pancake made from chickpea flour and known as a vegetable omelette
For besan dosa
- 1 Cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Butter or oil for frying
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Grated mozzarella cheese or Paneer or tofu or vegan cheese
For dosa masala powder :
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp Black salt
- A pinch of Salt
- Sauce or chutney or sambhar of your choice
1. In a mixing bowl take besan, turmeric powder and salt. Whisk well.
2. Add water slowly and whisk. Remember to add water little by little to avoid formation of lumps.
3. Add more water to form a batter which is neither runny nor too thick. It should be of pouring consistency. Remember to whisk for 2-3 minutes for the crispiest dosa otherwise the dosa will not be crispy.
4. Heat a pan on medium flame, pour a spoonful of batter and make a round shape.
6. Add 1 tbsp butter or any vegetable oil, melt if butter and spread on dosa.
7. Mix Red kashmiri chilly powder, Chaat masala, black salt and pinch of salt. Dosa masala powder is ready. Sprinkle on dosa. Add onion chopped, tomato chopped, grated cheese or Paneer or tofu and chopped coriander leaves. Add your choice of topping.
8. Wait till cheese or vegan cheese melts. Then fold dosa.
10. Take out.
11. Serve hot with your favorite chutney, sauce or sambhar.
- You can add as much as chopped vegetables to make it a very healthy breakfast and your kids will love this as well.
- Add grated cheese to enhance the taste.
- Spread a thin dosa batter on a frying pan with the help of a spoon so that you can get that thin crispy dosa texture.
- Add a little carrot powder, ajwain seeds and a pinch of salt to the batter and give it a little crunch, but not too much, as it’s full of protein.
- It shouldn’t be too thick or watery and disperse perfectly on the pan to make holes.
- Remember to whisk for 2-3 minutes for that crispiest dosa otherwise the dosa will not be crispy enough.
- Don’t add water on the frying pan. Fry on low medium flame.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 128
Keywords: Besan Dosa, Dosa