With fresh cauliflower and tender potatoes, Aloo Gobi Masala – Potatoes & Cauliflower is a flavorful and comforting Indian side or the main dish. You can make this delicious, flavorful, and healthy aloo gobi recipe at home. The Gobi is cauliflower, and aloo is potato. Indian households prepare this spiced potato & cauliflower stir fry often.
- 1 big – Cauliflower (florets)
- 3 medium – Potato (wedges)
- 2 medium – Onion (sliced)
- 1 big – Tomato (chopped)
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 – Bayleaf
- 1 – Dry Red chilly
- 2 tbsp – Green chilly (chopped)
- 1 tsp – Red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp – Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Kasuri methi (dry)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- In a pan boil water and add cauliflower florets boil for 5 to 10 minutes to get rid of any insects or worms. Take them out and keep them aside.
- Soak the potato wedges in cold water before using them.
- Now boil the potato wedges in boiling water for 5 minutes. Take them out and keep them aside.
- In a pan, on medium heat add oil. In the oil add all the cauliflower florets and boiled potato wedges.
- Stir fry them together on high heat for 5 minutes. Add salt according to taste. Mix well. On medium-high heat, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Take out the fried cauliflowers and potatoes and keep them aside.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, and dry red chili.
- Add onion sliced, fry them till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Mix well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes chopped cook till it gets mushy.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, green chilies chopped, and Kasuri methi.
- Add salt according to taste and mix very well.
- Add the fried cauliflower and potatoes.
- Coat them nicely with the masala.
- Stir fry for another 4 minutes on medium heat. Garnish with the coriander leaves chopped.
- Aloo Gobi Masala is ready to be served.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Remove any dirt or bugs from the cauliflower by steaming it with turmeric powder (optional).
- The onion tomato masala can be made rich and creamy by adding some cashew paste. This one tastes like aloo gobi at a restaurant. This stir fry can also be made with ghee instead of oil for a richer taste.
- Different variations can be made by adding beans, carrots, or green peas.
- Sabji should not be overcooked. There should be a bite to the cauliflower florets, but they should not be soggy.
- You can use leftovers to make Stuffed Parathas, Sandwiches, Frankie Rolls, or even make Pulao.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 212Kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: Aloo gobi masala, aloo gobi