Air Fryer Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Rings. You can enjoy these stuffed eggplant best when it is air fried! In comparison to deep-fried eggplant, these crispy eggplant slices use far less oil and calories to cook and are easy to make. Plus, they are versatile! Add them to sandwiches, salads, or pasta dishes for a tasty appetizer.
Those who like vegan & vegetarian recipes can join my Facebook group World Best Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes.
Those of you who have been reading our blog for some time already know that we make videos for each recipe on our YouTube channel.
At the end of this post is a recipe card and a disclosure of Amazon affiliate links.
Sharing is caring! LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
It’s so fast and easy to make air fryer eggplant recipes and here is one with a delicious vegan cheesy coating. In 15 minutes, you’ll have a deliciously healthy, easy stuffed eggplant dish. This is eggplant in air fryer no breading required recipe as well as a healthy eggplant recipe air fryer.
With this air fryer eggplant recipe, you’ll be crazy about stuffed eggplant Parmesan! Slices of eggplant were coated in a mixture of rice flour (almond flour or chickpea flour would also be good), and Parmesan cheese, and then air fried until golden brown.
I’m always a fan of eggplant recipes, but this air fryer eggplant is one of my newest favorites. The eggplant is crisp on the outside, has silky smooth stuffing in the middle, and has a rich, nutty flavor of the vegan parmesan cheese.
- 3 big – Eggplants
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – Cumin powder
- 5 tbsp – Vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger powder
- 3 – Green chili chopped
- 1 cup – Red, green, and yellow bell peppers chopped
- 3 medium – Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup – Rice flour or chickpea flour or almond flour
- 3 medium – Boiled & mashed potatoes
- Water as required
- Avocado oil or olive oil for frying
Eggplant – This recipe uses large-sized eggplants, but I don’t think size matters too much in this case. For salads or pizza, I’d recommend using medium eggplants. Slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese – It adds that nice cheesy umami flavor we all love. Alternatively, you can use other Italian hard cheeses like Pecorino-Romano, Piave, or Grana Padano. Blend them together if you have more than one on hand. It’s your choice.
Herbs & Spices – In addition to salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, and black pepper powder, I like to add finely chopped fresh parsley or coriander leaves (dried is fine too). Mix in some garlic powder to the flour mixture if you are a garlic lover.
Avocado oil or olive oil – If you prefer, you can use extra virgin olive oil, light olive oil, or even avocado oil.
Rice flour – It adds extra crispiness to the batter. You can also add almond flour or chickpea flour but for extra crispiness, I will recommend using rice flour.
Vegetables – You can take any vegetable of your choice finely chopped. Here I have taken red, green, and yellow bell peppers.
Check out the Air Fryer Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Rings Recipes Video:
How To Make Air Fryer Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Rings Recipes Step By Step With Photo:
- Take bulky eggplant as we will get nice thick rings or slices from them Wash thoroughly.
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices.
- Scoop the middle portion with the help of a knife round in shape.
- Cut all the eggplant slices in the same manner.
- Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes.
- Then add onions, bell peppers, and green chilies.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt to taste, cumin powder, red chili powder, ginger powder, black pepper powder, and coriander powder.
- Mix well everything.
- Fill all the eggplant slices with stuffing. Prepare all the stuffed slices like this.
- In a bowl add rice flour, little oil, salt to taste, and little water.
- Mix well and make a smooth thick batter.
- Now pour and spread the batter on both the surface of the eggplant rings.
- Sprinkle vegan parmesan cheese. over the eggplant rings.
- Air fry method – Put a parchment paper in the air fryer basket and grease some oil. Then place 3 or 4 eggplant rings according to your air fryer basket size.
- Spray or grease olive oil on the eggplant rings. Now air fry for 380 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Air fry stuffed eggplant parmesan rings are ready.
- Stove top method – Heat a frying pan. Add little oil and add the eggplant slices. Then fry on medium flame till both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Now take the eggplant slices out and serve them on a plate.
Important Suggestion To Keep In My Mind
- Take bulky size eggplant.
- The skin of the eggplant is edible and high in antioxidants, so you don’t have to remove it to make this air fryer eggplant parmesan.
- Take chickpea flour or almond flour if you do not have rice flour.
- You can take Plain parmesan cheese if you are not vegan.
- You can also use nutritional yeast in place of parmesan cheese too.
It is one of the tastiest side dishes you will ever make using an air fryer. I enjoy serving it with a substantial salad for a light, yet satisfying meal, especially when paired with veggie burgers, pasta, or a cooked protein of your choice. These salad recipes would all make fantastic accompaniments.
Some other recipes you would like on my blog – Crispy Cheesy Hash Brown – Air Fryer Hash Browns, Air fryer Hash Brown, Egg & Cheese Sandwich, Paneer Tikka Open Toast – Air fryer Sandwich, Air Fryer Egg in a Hole – Air Fryer Egg Toast.Print
Note: A rough estimate of nutrition is provided.
We Love to hear back from you and appreciate your success stories!
Have you tried this “Recipe”? Please feed us with your ★ star ratings and comments below.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT Pinchofflavours!